Los Angeles police say eight people were injured after an SUV crashed into a motel swimming pool, KABC TV reports.
Where in the World Are the Obamas on a Fabulous Vacation Now?
Notably, the family spent some quality time rafting on the Ayung river. The Obamas are back on vacation with a 10-day trip in Indonesia.
The incident took place at the Vagabond Inn in the 200 block of South Gaffey Street just before 7:25 p.m., officials said.
Arianna Huffington pushing for Sheryl Sandberg to become Uber's next CEO
Travis Kalanick , the combative and troubled CEO of ride-hailing giant Uber , resigned under pressure from investors. Rachel Holt, a fast-rising executive who heads Uber's North American operations, could be in the running.
A driver who lost control of his auto, crashed through a wall and plunged his sport utility vehicle into a motel swimming pool in San Pedro is under investigation for drunken driving, police said Monday. A driver drove his auto into the pool, injuring seven people in the area, authorities said. Officials said children between the ages of six and 10 were in the pool when the SUV crashed down into the swimming pool. He is being investigated for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, police said. The children were also taken to the hospital to be evaluated. City News Service reports that the driver-the sole occupant of the vehicle- had gotten out of the vehicle when firefighters had arrived, and that he was transported to the hospital in critical condition. Authorities believe the victim was the driver of the vehicle, who was submerged underwater for quite some time before he was rescued.
Marvel Studios President Sympathizes With Lucasfilm Over Han Solo Shake-Up
And Ron couldn't be happier to be working on the movie as he's been a huge fan of the Star Wars franchise for decades. Lucasfilm also replaced the film's editor Chris Dickens with Ridley Scott's Oscar-winning editor Pietro Scalia .
'I took this guy out of the vehicle, you know, trying to unbuckle him.
- Takata files for bankruptcy as air bag recalls bite
- Bovis Homes Group plc (BVS) Upgraded to "Buy" by Deutsche Bank AG
- PM invites CEOs to invest in India, invokes surgical strike
- Police question 'troubled' anti-Muslim van attacker
- "Concerning" that buildings are failing safety tests
- American student released from North Korea prison arrives in US
- ITBP jawans celebrate International Yoga Day in
- Trump threatens that Republicans may just let Obamacare 'crash and burn'
- New Brand—Endless Opportunities
- Here's what Amazon's acquisition of Whole Foods means for Instacart