While visiting his former home, the family trekked to Bongkasa Village in Badung on Bali island where they donned matching safety gear and hopped in a raft.
Since leaving the White House, Barack and Michelle Obama have enjoyed a number of holidays, which have seen them visit Hawaii, Italy and Tahiti - as well as Richard Branson's retreat, Necker Island, where the former president tried his hand at kite surfing. TBD who the other lucky members of their entourage were, but safe to say they'll be telling the story of "that time I went white-water rafting with the Obamas" for a long, long time.
Notably, the family spent some quality time rafting on the Ayung river. They will spend two days there before flying to Jakarta.
Theme park rescue: Crowd catches girl in seven-metre fall from ride
On Sunday, park officials noted they won't be running the gondola ride despite the fact that it is cleared for operation. He looked up to see a young girl dangling about 25ft off the ground from a slow-moving gondola ride.
Obama moved to Indonesia in 1967 at age 6 after his mother, Ann Dunham, remarried an Indonesian man.
"One of the best endorsements you can get in marketing is from celebrities", Indonesia's Tourism Minister Arief Yahya told the Jakarta Post.
The country's president Joko "Jokowi" Widodo invited him to come and take a holiday there when he left office, saying he and his family were welcome to visit the presidential palace in Bogor, West Java.
Arianna Huffington pushing for Sheryl Sandberg to become Uber's next CEO
Travis Kalanick , the combative and troubled CEO of ride-hailing giant Uber , resigned under pressure from investors. Rachel Holt, a fast-rising executive who heads Uber's North American operations, could be in the running.
The Obamas are back on vacation with a 10-day trip in Indonesia.
According to TMZ, the first family is now on a 10-day trip to Indonesia, where President Obama will be speaking to the Indonesian congress in the capital city of Jakarta - but the trip seems to be shaping up to be equal parts work and play.
"Concerning" that buildings are failing safety tests
It is believed that sub-standard cladding material used in a recent refurbishment contributed to the rapid spread of the fire . The towers were refurbished by Rydon - the same company involved in the multimillion pound refit of Grenfell Tower .
- Donald Trump welcomes 'true friend' as PM Modi arrives in Washington
- Apple CEO Tim Cook urges Trump to show more compassion on immigration
- UK Conservatives, N Ireland party strike deal
- France's Macron offers 'open door' if Britain chooses to stay in EU
- Takata files for bankruptcy as air bag recalls bite
- Four Kevin Love trades the Cleveland Cavaliers could make to improve
- Trump threatens that Republicans may just let Obamacare 'crash and burn'
- Vettel, Hamilton clash as Ricciardo wins
- Mohamed Salah will improve Liverpool's attack: Jurgen Klopp
- Golden Knights pick Fleury in expansion draft