Above: Atari's game console with a red logo option. The company's game collection includes all manner of classics like Pong, Missile Command and Centipede and newer classics like Rollercoaster Tycoon.
For the first time Atari teased its upcoming console at recent E3 2017 event, through a short video. Atari filed for bankruptcy protection in 2013, but Chesnais bought it and pledged to make it great again.
Mass Production of All Three New iPhones Delayed
This also raises the question about what kind of play in the AR space that Apple could have up their sleeve. It's possible, but would likely be viewed as a retrograde security step and attract widespread criticism.
"We're back in the hardware business", he told GamesBeat.
Ultimately, whether this console works is going to come down to how heavily Atari leans on nostalgia, what its definition of "modern" games looks like (and where those games are sourced from), and how much it costs. Let us know in the comments. Atari, of course, did not spill the beans on every little detail because this console is still a ways off.
The Ataribox is one of the best-looking consoles we've seen in years, but there's one problem: it doesn't have any games yet. Two versions of the Ataribox will be released, one in wood, and one in black / red.
John McCain's recovery from surgery just complicated the Senate's Obamacare repeal vote
Insurers were not only forbidden to deny coverage to sick consumers, they also had to provide a basic set of benefits. The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) will release an analysis of the legislation sometime early next week.
As for what that functionality actually is.well, there is some room for debate. there.
Atari claims that this console will stay true to its heritage while also appealing to both old and new Atari fans. As such, the Ataribox will be able to play both classic and modern titles.
On the back of the Ataribox you'll find four USB ports, a HDMI port, an SD card slot, power out, and what looks like an Ethernet port.
Hinchcliffe considers racing to NASCAR
That's how you could rate Scott Dixon at Iowa last week, a race in which he started towards the back and never was a factor. Newgarden, the 26-year-old from Nashville, won his second Honda Indy Toronto on Sunday, leading the final 58 of 85 laps.
Take a quick look at some games you could once again be playing on the Ataribox in the gallery below. OK, it's being coy with everything else, but it is promising to share things one step at a time because it wants "to get this right" for fans.
- Fan Sneaks Backstage with Fake Credential, Walks out with Conor McGregor
- Venkaiah Naidu picked as NDA's candidate for vice president of India
- Lewis Hamilton Wins British GP And Slashes Vettel's Championship Lead
- HMD Global launches 2 Nokia feature phones starting at $14.50
- Chelsea striker Costa parties in Atletico shirt and mocks Conte
- 'Jagga Jasoos' earns Rs 33.17 cr in opening weekend
- Philip Hammond defends claims he called public-sector workers 'overpaid'
- Carmelo Anthony expects the Knicks will trade him to the Rockets — RUMOR
- 2nd teen arrested over acid attacks in London
- 8 is enough: Federer gets record-breaking Wimbledon title