Wednesday, 22 August 2018
Latest news
Main » Philippe Coutinho: Liverpool say Brazilian is 'definitively' not for sale

Philippe Coutinho: Liverpool say Brazilian is 'definitively' not for sale

11 August 2017

Soon after the press conference, reports emerged that Coutinho had handed in a transfer request, and although initially Liverpool insisted that was not the case, it is understood they have now received one from the player.

Coutinho is being heavily linked with Barcelona, who are seeking a replacement for Neymar after the forward's world-record €222million move to Paris Saint-Germain.

On Friday morning Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group issued a statement saying they would not consider any offers for Coutinho.

The France winger was sanctioned by Dortmund for failing to report for training on the same day.

ABS ties knot on same-sex marriage
Finance Minister and Acting Special Minister of State Mathias Cormann today declined when asked to put a cost on the postal exercise.

Many Liverpool fans are anxious their club have done relatively little in the transfer market, signing only three players, and so far failing to land their two most significant targets - RB Leipzig midfielder Naby Keita and Southampton defender Virgil van Dijk.

After a fourth-place finish last term, Jurgen Klopp's task of leading Liverpool to the Champions League spots and ideally the title challenge will be made significantly more hard.

Steven Gerrard says he is enjoying his first pre-season as head coach of Liverpool's U18 side, but admits he wishes he was young enough to play under Jurgen Klopp at Anfield. Klopp expressed his sentiments to United Kingdom outlets that Coutinho will stay at Anfield because he is part of his plan this season with the club keen to navigate a tricky Champions League playoff round tie with German club Hoffenheim.

Mundo Deportivo point out this represents "another chance" for Klopp to sign the player, even if he's not what Liverpool really need right now. "That is set in stone".

Wayde van Niekerk grabs 400m gold medal and retains title
We only had benefit from the media relating to Makwala's not being allowed to compete which left us heart-broken. Before the news off his ban was confirmed, Makwala reportedly told the BBC that he was "ready to run".

"Barcelona have been on the back foot a bit, they thought PSG could not buy Neymar", Balague told Sky Sports News. So everything is in a good way - but of course now we have to deliver, and we know that, so we are ready for it.

The 25-year-old star of Liverpool notched 14 goals for the team in last term.

Delaney added Barcelona could be forced to go beyond the £100 million mark if they want to convince Spurs to part with one of their finest talents.

Arsenal's Arsene Wenger not 'super optimistic' on Alexis Sanchez stay
Expectations at both clubs vary, but there is similar pressure on both managers to deliver much better results this season. Making things worse are injuries to Danny Drinkwater and Vicente Iborra, the latter a new signing from Sevilla .