Fenway Sports Group, which owns the club, released a statement shortly thereafter saying that no offers for Coutinho would be considered despite his request to leave.
Barca saw two bids swiftly batted away for the 25-year-old, the last of which was tabled in midweek and totalled €100 million.
Liverpool have already rejected an offer of €80 million (around £72 million) from the Catalan giants for the attacking midfielder/winger last month, but Barça have ramped up their pursuit of the Brazilian footballer after they sold Neymar to Paris Saint-Germain.
Conor McGregor shows off boxing moves during open workout in Las Vegas
Let us know your thoughts. "I don't know how it got leaked", the 29-year-old said of the original controversial sparring photo. This is the biggest fight of my career so far and I'm going to do a number on Badou Jack on August 26'.
"I think everybody is looking forward to the new season", Can said.
If this report is accurate then it seems Liverpool are willing to do business over Coutinho but they clearly aren't going to make his exit easy as the situation within the club has been described in many papers as "all out war".
"Some of the young boys come with big motivation, which is important for our club".
Asked if he had to take special measures to keep Coutinho happy, Klopp said: "I can't always keep people or players happy".
Guardiola: I'm Not Under Pressure, City Won't Spend Big Again
Full-backs were what they needed to fix and they've done that pretty well and firepower-wise they look pretty awesome. Brighton are thrown into the deep end as they begin life as a Premier League club with the visit of Manchester City .
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has gone on record a number of times emphasising the player is not for sale. The players who are not available I have no influence on.
"The reasons why the players are not available, I can not have an influence on it".
"I have to accept decisions from owners, that's how it is, and sometimes from players, but for this moment I just have to concentrate on my team".
Klopp, however, is determined to show he is serious about bringing back the glory days to Anfield by retaining Coutinho, Liverpool's top scorer with 14 goals in all competitions last season when the Merseysiders finished fourth.
Usain's cousin: "I'm happy Justin won it".
In fact, Bolt is favored to run in both the morning heats and the final , according to Reuters and the Jamaica Gleaner newspaper. When he surged clear to take 10,000m gold last week it was his 11th consecutive world or Olympic title, going back to 2011.
- Pep Guardiola forecasts end to Manchester City spending spree
- If North Korea attacks United States , it 'will regret it fast'
- Conte on Pedro, Morata, Wenger's comments and Chelsea's search for players
- Charlottesville: State of emergency over USA far-right rally
- Gold, silver gain on rising tension between US-North Korea
- Sean Dyche says Burnley's win over Chelsea quietens doubters
- Stock markets lower, gold price continues to rise amid political tensions
- Gold prices surge in Dubai, will it rise further?
- Ex-Manchester City star makes bold prediction about Manchester United
- European Stocks Deepen Declines as North Korea Tensions Linger