Giroud's clever header in the 85th minute secured the points after Lacazette had taken just 94 seconds to make his mark with a header from Mohamed Elneny's curling cross, equalling the record for the fastest opening goal in a Premier League season.
But Wenger revealed after the dramatic clash that Giroud "decided to stay" at the Emirates and he is "really loved" at the club.
Giroud, 30, started just 11 Premier League matches last season and scored 12 goals.
Lacazette can integrate well into the game we want to play with his movement, combination, technical quality and efficiency, Wenger told Sky Sports. "I know how important he is not only as a player but also in the group". Yes, they've lost some players too, but they still have the prolific Sergio Aguero and have a squad capable of challenging in the Premier League and Champions League. "As a game is in 90 that would guarantee you a goal (in every game)".
Pep Guardiola forecasts end to Manchester City spending spree
Watford incredibly take the No3 spot having not lost a single game, to go with five wins and five draws for 20 points. And the Catalan insists he will stick to his principles ahead of City's opener against Brighton .
The 23-year-old England international has struggled to secure a regular place since arriving at Arsenal six years ago, but Wenger believes the winger has the potential to become a great player.
"I can't tell you that at the moment", he said.
Asked if he expected Al-Khelaifi to get in touch, Wenger replied: "No, no. I think if you read the French papers, they are on Mbappe's case to finish their transfer market".
China vows to adhere strictly to United Nations sanctions on North Korea
The US-drafted proposal passed the Security Council 15-0, securing support from North Korean allies China and Russian Federation . USA officials have been adamant there will be no direct meetings with North Koreans in Manila, even among lower-level officials.
One of those was from playmaker Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain who, from the start, played the game with an attacking mentality and created a number of incredible chances.
"I suppose for Arsenal the big question is when Sanchez comes back, is he a replacement for Sanchez?"
Rooney scores as Everton beats Stoke 1-0 in Premier League
Rooney's goal was the only moment of note in a tiresome opening period. Everton will grind out a hard-fought win in this one. Odds of 7-10 look good for a home win.
- ASEAN bloc 'gravely concerned' about Korean tensions
- ES Views Letter of the Day: Gatlin's victory has damaged athletics
- Global shares mostly lower on rising unease over North Korea
- Sean Dyche says Burnley's win over Chelsea quietens doubters
- Ex-Manchester City star makes bold prediction about Manchester United
- Conor McGregor shows off boxing moves during open workout in Las Vegas
- Charlottesville: State of emergency over USA far-right rally
- Mourinho eyes second season glory with Manchester United
- Supermarkets take egg products off shelves
- Dollar at eight-week low vs yen as North Korea tensions simmer