The current contract Sanchez with Arsenal expires in the summer of 2018.
Wenger admitted entering the new campaign without Sanchez is a blow for the Gunners but said he would not have featured against Leicester even if he had not suffered a set-back.
As North Korea-US tensions brew, safe-haven currencies rise
A separate report from the Labor Department showed an unexpected uptick in initial jobless claims in the week ended August 5th. In the United Kingdom , gold mining stocks Randgold Resource and Fresnillo were among the few to gain - up 2.8% and 4.9%.
Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez will miss at least two weeks with an abdominal strain picked up before last weekend's Community Shield victory over Chelsea.
Elsewhere, Wenger has ruled out a move for Leicester wide man Mahrez after insisting the Gunners were "never close" in their pursuit of the player, per Jon Paul of the Leicester Mercury: "We were never close". He had a scan two days ago and he's out for a while.
Last week, manager Arsene Wenger confirmed that he wants the German and Alexis Sanchez to sign a new contract.
Premier League Preview and Prediction: Man Utd vs West Ham
Manchester City's Vincent Kompany during the press conference at City Football Academy in Manchester on September 14, 2016. The two sides have made some strong signings this summer and will be raring to go in the opening weekend's final fixture.
"Some you know about and that's very hard for a group of players to cope with that - and some other reasons we will talk about on another day".
"We haven't been able to beat them yet but there's always a first time and it would be nice to think it would be Friday night".
"He will not play at Stoke".
However, other reports today claim Wenger is not confident Sanchez will extend, with the Arsenal boss having reportedly told SFR Sports he is not not "super optimistic" the Chilean will renew. Why hasn't he just said I'm staying for one more season?
Trump's approval rating rebounds amid North Korea tensions
All I see is that President Trump seems to be well in command of his faculties with regard to North Korea . But until such time as they do, we will be the most powerful nuclear nation on Earth by far.
"To win like we did will only strengthen it and overall we have good ingredients in the squad and it is a good opportunity again to show it away from home".
- Former Chelsea Star: Why Mourinho Will Win The EPL With Man Utd
- Elneny assists as Arsenal rally to late 4-3 win over Leicester
- Wenger: Women will be Premier League managers soon
- Ex-star happy with his time at Manchester United
- Michael Carrick expects Man Utd to be title contenders
- Mickelson misses US PGA Championship cut for first time in 22 years
- Conte Tips Rudiger For Moses Role Vs Burnley, Shades Wenger, Praises Morata
- Facts About North Korean Dictator Kim Jong Un
- Great Britain snatch 4x100m relay as Usain Bolt's career ends in injury
- Trump Alarms Venezuela With Talk of a 'Military Option'