The England worldwide, who scored twice in the game, watched helplessly as Arsenal came from 3-2 down to grab an incredible 4-3 victory over the Foxes.
Intriguingly, it is a former Arsenal forward with whom Lacazette now shares his record.
Guardiola thanks Manchester City's owners for new players
Guardiola cautioned his players following the shock results earlier in the weekend ahead of their Saturday tea-time kick off. I'm honest in my job. "So we have to disregard most of it, because it's something that we can't affect", he said on Friday.
Wenger further reiterated the point in his written press conference, describing Giroud's decision to remain with Arsenal as a "relief" and "one of the greatest days I've had in recent months".
With 65 minutes on the clock Wenger turned to Ramsey and Giroud, the former nearly making an instant impact by narrowly missing the target when getting on the end of a left-sided cross.
"He doesn't want to leave and I'm happy he wants to stay". The future of Alexis Sanchez is unclear but Wenger has suggested he is prepared to keep the striker for a season and then let him leave on a free if he will not sign a £300,000-a-week contract.
You've got a £50m budget to pick 11 players, with all the biggest new signings ready and raring to go ahead of a mouthwatering new Premier League campaign.
"Lacazette is getting stronger in every game and tonight he put in a very convincing performance".
Rooney scores as Everton beats Stoke 1-0 in Premier League
Rooney's goal was the only moment of note in a tiresome opening period. Everton will grind out a hard-fought win in this one. Odds of 7-10 look good for a home win.
"He is really loved here, we love him and, in the end, he made a decision to stay". "To come here and score three has to be pleasing in some respect, but it doesn't feel like it".
"I'm disappointed with the handball in the build-up, but once the corner's given you have to defend it better", he said.
Arsenal is not just pursuing a first league title since 2004 but also a return to the top four - and Champions League qualification - after finishing fifth in May.
"I felt that to lose tonight would have been bad for us because we had such good preparation and to sit there in the morning and think we had lost at home would have been awful", he said.
Neymar's transfer certificate received by French federation
The #Transfer market preceding the season has seen Monaco lose a lot of their star players. The Brazil worldwide is 17/2 with the online bookmaker to score a hat-trick.
- Global shares mostly lower on rising unease over North Korea
- Barcelona forced to cancel Coutinho presentation after Liverpool hold firm
- China vows to adhere strictly to United Nations sanctions on North Korea
- Dollar at eight-week low vs yen as North Korea tensions simmer
- Manchester City overwhelmingly the pick to win 2017-18 title
- Usain's cousin: "I'm happy Justin won it".
- Fenway Sports Group speak out on Philippe Coutinho's Liverpool future
- Ex-Manchester City star makes bold prediction about Manchester United
- The Rams just took a major gamble by trading for Sammy Watkins
- Alexandre Lacazette starts for Arsenal in season curtain-raiser against Leicester