But just when it seemed like Cena's run with the Championship would be an impossible act to follow, along came Kevin Owens. But if you can't watch the event this year, don't worry, because we will be here to provide you with live updates of the action throughout the night.
"I blame @wwe #Raw General Manager @therealkurtangle for the #ICTitle NOT being defended at #Summerslam my goal has always been to make that title the most prestigious, most relevant title in all of sports entertainment". UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has already called out Lesnar, so there is a real-life reason to hype up the storyline and believe this situation is real.
- Cesaro's first career WWE pay-per-view match occurred at SummerSlam in 2012 when he defeated Santino Marella for the United States Championship, and he remains the only superstar in WWE history to win the United States Title in his WWE pay-per-view debut.
Liverpool reject mammoth new Coutinho offer from Barcelona
Liverpool midfielder, Phillipe Coutinho has handed a transfer request in order to force a move to Barcelona this season. I have never met him", Klopp said.
Jinder Mahal is fighting Shinsuke Nakamura for the championship match, and there are speculations that the latter will finally snag the former's title. It was Cena's distraction that helped the reigning WWE Champion was roll up Corbin for a pin in the Money in the Bank cash-in match.
Each also has been able to get a major pop from crowds who were both itching for them to make it to WWE and to rise through the NXT ranks. On Tuesday, Daniel Bryan made it clear Kingston would be the odd man out at SummerSlam.
Just like last week where Styles inadvertently kicked Shane, it was Owens' turn to do it this week, setting up the U.S. Title match at SummerSlam with Shane as special referee.
S&P 500 and Dow Jones lose patience with President Trump
The latest cause for concern was speculation over the possible departure of National Economic Council director Gary Cohn . Cohn quarterbacks Trump's economic team and has been rumored to be in line to chair the Federal Reserve .
WWE has had a problem in recent years of having too many shows that should feel big, but wind up holding too much to the status quo of the time. For a while, there have been rumors saying that Brock will hold onto the Universal title until then and that he'll defend it against Roman Reigns on "the grandest stage of them all".
SmackDown Women's Championship - Naomi (c) vs. Natalya: Earning her shot by winning a Fatal 5-Way match at Battleground, Natalya will look to win her first "women's" championship after previously being divas champion for two months.
John Cena vs. Baron Corbin: Corbin's seeming rise to the stop was stunted by his failed cash-in of his Money in the Bank contract, but a match versus the iconic Cena could provide a better lift anyway.
Sasha Banks is acting as a replacement here for Bayley who has been forced to miss out on SummerSlam due to injury.
Trump Lashes Out At Merck CEO For Quitting Presidential Panel
Cohn, Mnuchin, and Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao stood awkwardly by Trump during his remarks at Trump Tower on Tuesday. The country's justice minister accused Trump of trivializing anti-Semitism and racism. "Okay Twitter , we know what 2 do".
Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt: This one could be a show stealer. It put some extra juice into the Cena-Corbin match, and eliminates the possibility of fans waiting for a cash-in at SummerSlam. Yes, hours - there's three matches on the pre-show and ten more on the main show.
- Trump CEO strategy council is disbanding after exodus
- North Korea warns it won't negotiate Nuclear program till US is hostile
- Police detain fourth suspect in Catalonia terror attacks
- Refurbished Galaxy Note 4's "counterfeit" batteries might lead to overheating
- South Africa has granted Grace Mugabe diplomatic immunity - security source
- Wounded Chelsea take on Spurs
- Trump signs infrastructure executive order
- 'Goli' or 'Gaali' no solution to Kashmiri issue: Modi
- New iOS 11 security feature will help iPhone users fight the power
- Jaguars quarterback controversy after second pre-season game