Four rifles, including an AK-47, pistols and petrol bombs were among the weapons seized from the supporters of the sect whose chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh was convicted yesterday in a 2002 rape case that sparked violence and arson, mainly in Panchkula and Sirsa, police said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Sunday it was "natural to be worried" amid days of violence, which even briefly reached the capital New Delhi.
In the morning, the curfew was relaxed in few areas of Panchkula and other parts in the state.
There are also murmurs of resentment among several party leaders in the State following the failure of the Chief Minister for the third time to deal with the emergency situation, said sources.
Once upon a time, by an uncanny coincidence, BJP chief minister Kalyan Singh had given a similar heartfelt assurance to the Supreme Court - that he would take steps to prevent the Babri Masjid's demolition!
Trump attacks Republican leaders over debt ceiling
The most important fact to keep in mind is that Trump will not be on the ballot in 2018, but Republican members of Congress will. A shutdown would be in no one's interest. "I'm making a broader point than that", Danforth said.
He said the administration has chose to suspend broadband services also in Sirsa where the Dera Sacha Sauda headquarter is located.
The army has asked Dera followers to evacuate the headquarters peacefully. For the Haryana chief secretary to maintain that the situation was controlled within three hours is pathetic. Flag marches will be carried out in Panchkula by security forces, he informed.
- Post-mortem of the bodies of deceased is underway; 90 people were admitted last night, no case of bullet injury has been found, says CMO, Civil Hospital, Panchkula. Gurmeet will not be brought back to the Panchkula court; instead, the judge will travel to Rohtak to pronounce the sentence.
"I have been with dear Ram Rahim Singh for around 14 years". Punjab's Malwa belt comprising areas like Patiala, Moga, Ferozepur and Bathinda has a number of Dera followers.
Dera chief convicted in rape case, punishment on Aug 28
The supporters of Dera chief started attacking media vans and they have set Income tax office in Panchkula ablaze. The situation was worsening in parts of Punjab, mainly in Malwa region, the stronghold of Dera Sacha Sauda.
Judges are expected to sentence Singh on Monday.
Singh faces a minimum of seven years in prison.
"There is some confusion that the Army is going inside the Dera campus". Before that, the Police used tear gas and water cannons to try and disperse mobs of Ram Rahim supporters, but was easily outnumbered near the Court house.
However, their efforts went in vain as they were outnumbered near the courthouse.
The Haryana government counsel told the Punjab and Haryana High Court on Saturday that there were 36 Dera campuses, known as "Naam Charcha Ghar" across the state, including the sprawling 800-acre sect headquarters near Sirsa town.
Who should be suspended after the Yankees-Tigers brawl?
The Yankees then brought in Aroldis Chapman to pitch but right after he finished warming up, Romine and Cabrera started jawing. Yankees' relievers combined to give up six runs in four innings in place of Jaime Garcia , who only got 12 outs.
- India Outlaws Antiquated Instant Divorce Practice
- An 'excellent set of GCSE results' from Barry Comprehensive School
- Samsung gives the Galaxy Note 8 more of the write stuff
- Isaiah Thomas' pauses blockbuster trade
- India's privacy ruling could disrupt its biometric society
- Jasprit Bumrah registers maiden five-wicket haul in ODIs
- Former Thailand PM Is No-Show For Verdict; Court Issues Arrest Warrant
- Pak using India as 'excuse' to support terrorist groups
- 4 ways to watch the Mayweather vs McGregor fight
- Hurricane Harvey barrels into Texas