Four rifles, including an AK-47, pistols and petrol bombs were among the weapons seized from the supporters of the sect whose chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh was convicted yesterday in a 2002 rape case that sparked violence and arson, mainly in Panchkula and Sirsa, police said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Sunday it was "natural to be worried" amid days of violence, which even briefly reached the capital New Delhi.
In the morning, the curfew was relaxed in few areas of Panchkula and other parts in the state.
There are also murmurs of resentment among several party leaders in the State following the failure of the Chief Minister for the third time to deal with the emergency situation, said sources.
Once upon a time, by an uncanny coincidence, BJP chief minister Kalyan Singh had given a similar heartfelt assurance to the Supreme Court - that he would take steps to prevent the Babri Masjid's demolition!
Trump says debt ceiling 'mess' could have been avoided
On Twitter , Trump wrote, "James Clapper, who famously got caught lying to Congress, is now an authority on Donald Trump ". The United States doesn't need a third political party because it is now being ruled by one "Uni-party", an analyst said.
He said the administration has chose to suspend broadband services also in Sirsa where the Dera Sacha Sauda headquarter is located.
The army has asked Dera followers to evacuate the headquarters peacefully. For the Haryana chief secretary to maintain that the situation was controlled within three hours is pathetic. Flag marches will be carried out in Panchkula by security forces, he informed.
- Post-mortem of the bodies of deceased is underway; 90 people were admitted last night, no case of bullet injury has been found, says CMO, Civil Hospital, Panchkula. Gurmeet will not be brought back to the Panchkula court; instead, the judge will travel to Rohtak to pronounce the sentence.
"I have been with dear Ram Rahim Singh for around 14 years". Punjab's Malwa belt comprising areas like Patiala, Moga, Ferozepur and Bathinda has a number of Dera followers.
Pak using India as 'excuse' to support terrorist groups
Bajwa met with the US Ambassador, saying Pakistan has done a lot to try to support peace in Afghanistan". Acknowledging India's role in Afghanistan is not going to impact our ability to work with Pakistan.
Judges are expected to sentence Singh on Monday.
Singh faces a minimum of seven years in prison.
"There is some confusion that the Army is going inside the Dera campus". Before that, the Police used tear gas and water cannons to try and disperse mobs of Ram Rahim supporters, but was easily outnumbered near the Court house.
However, their efforts went in vain as they were outnumbered near the courthouse.
The Haryana government counsel told the Punjab and Haryana High Court on Saturday that there were 36 Dera campuses, known as "Naam Charcha Ghar" across the state, including the sprawling 800-acre sect headquarters near Sirsa town.
India beat Sri Lanka in 2nd ODI
In response, a century partnership by Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan for the opening wicket saw India get off to the ideal start. Sri Lanka collapsed from a strong position at 139 for 1, losing nine wickets for 77 runs in 19 overs to be bowled out for 216.
- Four transfers Manchester United could complete this summer
- India's privacy ruling could disrupt its biometric society
- Samsung gives the Galaxy Note 8 more of the write stuff
- Millions of Americans Tolerate neo-Nazi Views, Poll Finds
- Former Thailand PM Is No-Show For Verdict; Court Issues Arrest Warrant
- Zinke: Don't eliminate monuments, but "a handful" should be downsized
- Sindhu advances into semi-finals of World Championships
- Who should be suspended after the Yankees-Tigers brawl?
- Samsung heir sentenced to five years in jail
- India Outlaws Antiquated Instant Divorce Practice