As she moved out of the area, she was downgraded to a Tropical Storm.
When Irma was still a hurricane over Florida, it weakened and lost its very defined "eye" - but forecasters are still tracking the tropical storm by calculating where it's center of circulation is located. Irma had affected all 35 counties within the company's territory. The company generally tries to restore the largest power outages first, Jones said.
Brad Whitworth of Texas is riding the storm out in Tavernier, Florida, just south of Key Largo.
- 5.8 million customers are without power across Florida, state emergency officials said.
Hurricane Irma: What you need to know
Irma has been downgraded to a tropical storm, but officials say it still poses a wind and flooding threat as it tracks northward. CDT Monday, Tropical Storm Irma was located about 70 miles east of Tallahassee, Fla., and was moving north-northwest at 17 mph.
"Our goal is don't put any more lives at risk", he said, adding that the current major threat is flooding in the northern part of the state.
After wreaking a trail of death and destruction through the Caribbean, Irma had killed three people when it struck the southern Florida Keys island chain as a more powerful Category 4 on Sunday. A storm surge of 3 feet was reported along the St. Johns River near the Interstate 295 Bridge. Officials told the local Jacksonville Patch outlet the "flooding event" could last more than a week.
Cities as far inland as Atlanta are under a tropical storm watch Monday and Tuesday. "I know for our entire state, especially the Keys, it's going to be a long road".
Manchester City vs. Liverpool: Starting Lineups & TV Information
The incident occurred late in the first half as Ederson rushed out of his area to try to beat Reds forward Mane to a high bouncing ball.
Police in Lakeland, Florida, say a family with small children was rescued from a auto that was submerged in water as Hurricane Irma crossed the area. St. Martin was said to be 95 per cent destroyed as a result of the storm.
As of 2 a.m. EDT, the storm was centred about 25 miles (40 kilometres) northeast of Tampa and moving north-northwest near 15 mph (24 kph).
Irma pales in comparison compared to the utter devastation left behind by those two storms in the United States.
American Airlines expands travel waiver to include more than 50 airports
JetBlue Airways and American Airlines are helping people get out of the region before they shut down operations in the state. The airport suffered flooding damage, there were roof leaks and air conditioning units went down.
So, does that mean we can take the shutters down?
- Game recap: Minnesota Vikings 29, New Orleans Saints 19
- The entire state of Georgia is now covered in rain from Irma
- N Carolina Officials Trying to Keep Public Vigilant on Irma
- US Open champion puts resurgence down to 'passion' for tennis
- New Brand—Endless Opportunities
- Coutinho will not feature against Man City - Klopp
- Gurgaon school murder: Protests outside Ryan International school in Navi Mumbai
- The new Apple TV 4K will be much powerful
- Hurricane Irma climbs Florida coast, unsafe storm surges feared
- Gold slips from one-year high as dollar recovers