An analysis released by Covered California shows that 7.5 million Californians could lose their coverage under the Republicans' latest efforts to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act. The decision was that the votes simply weren't there.
Surprise! Turns out legislating health care is, like, really complicated, and people actually don't want higher premiums. While some Senators wanted to hold the vote, even knowing it would fail, McConnell reportedly didn't want to open up the GOP to "political fallout and attack ads".
Graham said, "We're on path to pass Graham-Cassidy-Heller-Johnson. We learned about their unique needs", Graham told reporters.
Can it stay alive via tax bill?Читайте также: Roy Moore wins the Republican nomination for US Senate
Due to their narrow majority and unified Democratic opposition, Republicans can lose just two GOP votes and still push the legislation through the Senate.
Cassidy and Graham unveiled a revised version of their plan Monday morning that featured a series of changes created to convince skeptical Republican colleagues to back it.
"We're certainly disappointed Sen".
GOP Sen. John Thune of South Dakota asserted that the Republican effort to reshape the healthcare system would not end with Graham-Cassidy and that his colleagues may tie an ACA repeal along with tax reform in the 2019 fiscal budget.
"I don't know that we've fundamentally changed anything other than we're re-shuffling who gets the money and that's going to make some people happy and embitter other people", Paul said Monday.
One GOP aide bluntly described that scenario as "a nightmare". Lindsey Graham have spent weeks building and selling the GOP's new approach to repeal the Affordable Care Act.
On Tuesday, the US Senate's Republican leadership announced that the party would give up on the latest effort to repeal Obamacare. "It's deader than a door nail", said Sen. "We're going to fulfill our promise".При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Major flaw in macOS High Sierra puts your passwords at risk
- Rodney Hogg accuses Steve Smith of picking "close mates" in team
- Finally, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry make their first public appearance
- Fed Needs To See Prices Rise Before Next Rate Hike
- Republicans Need 50 Senators to Back Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill
- Senate's bad medicine gets worse with new health care bill
- GOP Health Care Bill Dealt New Blow By Sen. Rand Paul
- TAX REFORM - GOP tax plan nearly doubles standard deduction
- Eagles, Giants stand united during anthem
- Saudi Arabia wins plaudits for ending ban on women driving