The U.S. was sending the hospital ship USNS Comfort to Puerto Rico as part of a ramped up response Wednesday to the devastation caused by Hurricane Maria. The island is now nearly entirely without power, which threatens people at hospitals.
Rubio held a press conference in Washington, D.C. Tuesday afternoon after meeting with Vice President Mike Pence and Resident Commissioner Jenniffer González to discuss recovery efforts in Puerto Rico.
"Why can't food and water be sent there right now, I mean there are babies who are naked in strollers their parents are fanning them", Begnaud asked Rosselló.
If you have supplies you'd like to donate, but don't know of a drive in your local area, visit the National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster to donate.
Republicans Need 50 Senators to Back Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill
Some Republicans have already said they will not vote for the bill as it stands, including Kentucky's Junior Senator Rand Paul . The Maine senator also opposed the previous iterations of the Republican healthcare bills, helping to end that push in July .
"I could feel how scared they were, but I knew I taught them to be survivors".
"Congress is working with the administration to ensure necessary resources get to the US territory".
- President Donald Trump hailed his administration on Tuesday for a "really good job" helping Puerto Rico recover from the devastation of Hurricane Maria, despite complaints that federal aid has been too slow to reach the USA territory.
UP govt draws widespread criticism over BHU violence
The protests reach the national capital, and various student political outfits condemn the incident. The protest by girls against an alleged eve-teasing incident turned violent on Saturday night.
For many people, it's been a week since they last spoke to family members and friends on the island. Eleven ships carrying 1.6 million gallons of water and 23,000 cots, as well as diesel fuel and generators, have arrived, and dozens more shipments are expected. My plea is for the people of Puerto Rico, not only for my children. Reuters reported that those without tickets might not be able to buy any for another week.
"It's the most hard job because it's on an island", Trump said of aid efforts. "Both have been devastated-and I mean absolutely devastated-by Hurricane Maria and we're doing everything in our power to help the hard-hit people of both places, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands".
Packers players ask fans to link arms in unity before Bears game
Let us know your thoughts in the comment box below! He made some big catches after halftime, including the 72-yarder in overtime. For those who can not get in front of a screen for the game, head over to either teams home page to check out radio listings.
- New Brand—Endless Opportunities
- Rodney Hogg accuses Steve Smith of picking "close mates" in team
- Donald Trump: 'Big progress being made' after Cowboys' pre-anthem protest
- Senate's bad medicine gets worse with new health care bill
- Trump wants rule to stop National Football League players from kneeling during anthem
- Puerto Rico requires relief and rebuilding
- Senate GOP pulls Graham-Cassidy bill to avoid vote defeat
- Boeing says committed to United Kingdom , listened to concerns over N Ireland jobs
- Amazon announces new Echo speaker for just $99
- Thunder's Westbrook calls OKC "the place where I want to be"