The U.S. was sending the hospital ship USNS Comfort to Puerto Rico as part of a ramped up response Wednesday to the devastation caused by Hurricane Maria. The island is now nearly entirely without power, which threatens people at hospitals.
Rubio held a press conference in Washington, D.C. Tuesday afternoon after meeting with Vice President Mike Pence and Resident Commissioner Jenniffer González to discuss recovery efforts in Puerto Rico.
"Why can't food and water be sent there right now, I mean there are babies who are naked in strollers their parents are fanning them", Begnaud asked Rosselló.
If you have supplies you'd like to donate, but don't know of a drive in your local area, visit the National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster to donate.
Republicans Need 50 Senators to Back Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill
Some Republicans have already said they will not vote for the bill as it stands, including Kentucky's Junior Senator Rand Paul . The Maine senator also opposed the previous iterations of the Republican healthcare bills, helping to end that push in July .
"I could feel how scared they were, but I knew I taught them to be survivors".
"Congress is working with the administration to ensure necessary resources get to the US territory".
- President Donald Trump hailed his administration on Tuesday for a "really good job" helping Puerto Rico recover from the devastation of Hurricane Maria, despite complaints that federal aid has been too slow to reach the USA territory.
Amazon announces new Echo speaker for just $99
Amazon just ramped up its smarthome game-and Echo product line-with new Echo and Echo Plus smart speakers , and the Echo Spot . However, Amazon has criticised Google's move, saying that YouTube was blocked on the device "without explanation".
For many people, it's been a week since they last spoke to family members and friends on the island. Eleven ships carrying 1.6 million gallons of water and 23,000 cots, as well as diesel fuel and generators, have arrived, and dozens more shipments are expected. My plea is for the people of Puerto Rico, not only for my children. Reuters reported that those without tickets might not be able to buy any for another week.
"It's the most hard job because it's on an island", Trump said of aid efforts. "Both have been devastated-and I mean absolutely devastated-by Hurricane Maria and we're doing everything in our power to help the hard-hit people of both places, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands".
Roy Moore wins the Republican nomination for US Senate
Moore will face the Democratic nominee, Doug Jones , a former United States attorney, in the general election on December 12". Moore may be a more natural fit, but Trump appreciates that odd has supported his agenda and been a reliable vote. "Mr.
- Saudi Arabia wins plaudits for ending ban on women driving
- Zinedine Zidane says Real Madrid 'brilliant' in win over Borussia Dortmund
- No vote this week on GOP health care bill
- Fed Needs To See Prices Rise Before Next Rate Hike
- New Brand—Endless Opportunities
- Major flaw in macOS High Sierra puts your passwords at risk
- Pochettino To Make 3 Changes: Predicted Tottenham XI vs APOEL
- Senate GOP pulls Graham-Cassidy bill to avoid vote defeat
- Puerto Rico requires relief and rebuilding
- Senate's bad medicine gets worse with new health care bill