For up-to-date tips and information about the cold and flu season, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Influenza B can also affect older people and is the strain that most often infects children. "The idea is to further isolate those folks and prevent an outbreak", he said.
So notably, this year the children's hospitals have been seeing a large number of flu cases. We are now seeing a mix of flu types, including the A (H3N2) strain that circulated last winter in the United Kingdom and then in Australia.
In the Houston area, almost 42 percent of emergency room visits for flu-related symptoms have been from children, ages 4 and under.
The full-length Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer is here, & it's mind-blowing!
Around the one minute mark , Luke tells Rey, "I've seen this raw strength only once before". "It didn't scare me enough then". Mysterious villain Snoke opens the trailer with his voice, talking to somebody who he sees as having " raw , untamed power".
"You may be in contact with someone who has a lower immune system and you can pass it along to that person", Yee said.
Healthcare providers around Greater Williamsburg still have flu shots available to the public.
According to the National Institutes of Health, H3N2 viruses mutate and evolve more quickly than other strains, sometimes rendering vaccines less effective. This included 17 confirmed cases of the H3N2 strain. And even though the flu season is already underway, it's not too late to get the shot.
"It can reduce the severity of symptoms".
"It's relatively mild but there can be more serious cases". Rock Island County residents interested in getting a flu shot can call the health department at 794-7080.
Prospective iPhone X buyers may be waiting until 2018 for the device
Apple has started to investigate a series of reports about battery problems with some of its new iPhone 8 Plus phones. Last week we predicted that Apple probably will not implement many iPhone X features to the iPad in 2018.
When people get sick after receiving the flu shot, it means they were incubating a virus at the time they received the vaccine and the infection blossomed days after.
Young children are being vaccinated for free because they are what experts call "super shedders", meaning they excrete more of the virus because their immune systems can not distinguish between what makes them ill and what will kill them.
Even though both hospitals are reporting weekly to the state health department, the exact number of cases in San Angelo and the county are not known.
Nine influenza-associated deaths have been reported in Missouri from October to December 2017.
Local church provides Thanksgiving baskets to the community
One church in New Rochelle gave back to the community Thursday by serving a free Thanksgiving dinner. This year, a sit-down meal was provided at the First Baptist Church on Albany Ave.
- A spike in flu cases in NY and across the country has health officials urging people to get influenza vaccine if they haven't done so already.
- Bengaluru firm institutes mental health leave for employees
- Razer Unveils The Ultra Powerful Razer Phone
- Here's Everything That's New on the OnePlus 5T and OxygenOS
- Biggest ever OnePlus screen for new 5T flagship smartphone
- The Chicago Bears Ran The Greatest 2-Point Conversion Play Of All
- Your Password-Protected Wi-Fi Isn't Safe From Snooping
- HTC's New Midrange Phone Proves the Company Isn't Dead Yet
- Lionel Messi warns team-mates that his Barcelona form could dip
- Los Angeles Dodgers roll again, push Arizona Diamondbacks to edge
- Bad Rabbit Ransomware is Spreading Out Fast