Japanese video game maker Nintendo on Thursday announced it would team with USA film studio Illumination Entertainment to produce an animation film using its Super Mario Bros characters. Chris Meledandri and Shigeru Miyamoto will be the co-producers of the movie.
News of an animated Super Mario movie should come as a welcome surprise for Nintendo fans.
Cavs forward Kevin Love breaks hand
The Mavericks had a free throw rate of 0.163 (below the 0.217 mark opponents have averaged against Miami this season). Averaging 18.2 points and 9.6 rebounds entering the night, Love earned his fifth All-Star selection last week.
Illumination Entertainment are responsible for some major animated hits including the Despicable Me trilogy, Hop, Dr. Seuss' The Lorax, The Secret Life of Pets, Sing and Minions.
Nintendo officials said the script is mostly finished but did not provide a release date.
This time around, a Super Mario film will be tapping into Hollywood's appetite for reliable franchises like "Star Wars" and "Harry Potter". We're eager to see Illumination's take on Nintendo's mascot, who just so happens to be the most famous video game icon in the world.
Korea leadership 'depraved,' warns of nuclear missile threat
The country also tested in September a nuclear weapon that a top US general later said he assumed was a hydrogen bomb. His deteriorating condition prompted North Korea to release him back to the United States , where he died days later.
Following the 1993 "classic, "Super Mario Brothers, the plumber hasn't had another chance to shine on the big screen".
This news comes from The Wall Street Journal, and it looks like the movie will be set inside the video games' many worlds.
Even better, we know that Nintendo will hopefully not have the same quality concerns as they did in the past. The news was revealed via Nintendo's corporate website.
Petr Cech hails Henrikh Mkhitaryan as intelligent, skillful and quick
Arsenal has just 13 games to claw back the deficit, or it will be out of Europe's elite competition for a second straight season. While that strike was worthy of praise, Swansea's second goal was entirely down to deficiencies in the Arsenal defence .
Other than those small details, not much else is known about the Mario movie.
- Amazon wades into health care, builds team
- Three Turks killed in Idlib - Strategic Kurdish tunnels discovered in Afrin
- Kenyans take opposition leader's 'mock' inauguration literally with the "Swearing-in Challenge"
- Super Blue Blood Moon: What to expect in Tampa Bay
- Illinois Congressmen React to President Trump's State of the Union Address
- Director Sanjay Leela Bhansali only has praises for Shahid Kapoor!
- What defines a catch in the NFL?
- Volkswagen investigates 'diesel fume tests on monkeys'
- Korea calls off joint Olympic event at Mt. Kumgang
- North Korea's 'reckless pursuit' of nuclear weapons might quickly threaten the US