Japanese video game maker Nintendo on Thursday announced it would team with USA film studio Illumination Entertainment to produce an animation film using its Super Mario Bros characters. Chris Meledandri and Shigeru Miyamoto will be the co-producers of the movie.
News of an animated Super Mario movie should come as a welcome surprise for Nintendo fans.
Illumination Entertainment are responsible for some major animated hits including the Despicable Me trilogy, Hop, Dr. Seuss' The Lorax, The Secret Life of Pets, Sing and Minions.
Nintendo officials said the script is mostly finished but did not provide a release date.Читайте также: Three Turks killed in Idlib - Strategic Kurdish tunnels discovered in Afrin
This time around, a Super Mario film will be tapping into Hollywood's appetite for reliable franchises like "Star Wars" and "Harry Potter". We're eager to see Illumination's take on Nintendo's mascot, who just so happens to be the most famous video game icon in the world.
Following the 1993 "classic, "Super Mario Brothers, the plumber hasn't had another chance to shine on the big screen".
This news comes from The Wall Street Journal, and it looks like the movie will be set inside the video games' many worlds.
Even better, we know that Nintendo will hopefully not have the same quality concerns as they did in the past. The news was revealed via Nintendo's corporate website.
Other than those small details, not much else is known about the Mario movie.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Illinois Congressmen React to President Trump's State of the Union Address
- Director Sanjay Leela Bhansali only has praises for Shahid Kapoor!
- Kenyans take opposition leader's 'mock' inauguration literally with the "Swearing-in Challenge"
- Fed expected to keep interest rates steady as Yellen era ends
- EBay is dumping PayPal after 15 happy years together
- Volkswagen investigates 'diesel fume tests on monkeys'
- Kim Kardashian West determined to show that they can have it all
- Cavs forward Kevin Love breaks hand
- Vikings fans are choosing sides for the big game
- Korea calls off joint Olympic event at Mt. Kumgang