It's set to become the most powerful launch vehicle. Weather permitting, it will take place somewhere between 18:30 and 21:00 GMT.
In the pursuit of "an endless road trip past Mars", Musk's auto is now headed off into very deep space.
A SpaceX livestream showed the auto cruising through the Van Allen radiation belt in Earth's magnetosphere, with David Bowie's Space Oddity playing in the background and a note on the dashboard saying "Don't Panic".
Kohli magic leads India to big win over South Africa
The latest player to join the list was wicketkeeper-batsman Quinton de Kock, who suffered a wrist injury in the second ODI. Unfazed, Kohli continued to accumulate runs at a steady pace, going to his century in the 40th over off just 120 balls.
For reference, Mars orbits the sun at an average distance of 142 million miles (228 million km).
A new space race is already on in a lot of ways.
The rocket weighs more than 3.1 million pounds and stands nearly 230 feet high.
The company saved on costs by reusing one of its first-stage launch boosters which are otherwise thrown into the ocean after lift-off. It's created to carry up to 140,000 pounds to low-Earth orbit, or more than 37,000 pounds all the way to Mars.
"That's what Falcon Heavy can do". "That's what's put the International Space Station there in orbit". But instead of one central booster, there are three - and three times the thrust of the Falcon 9.
Elon Musk's Tesla Roadster bound for asteroid belt after Falcon Heavy launch
According to the company , it will cost just $90 million per launch, a fraction of the price of similar heavy-lift rockets. The 37-word exchange between the two billionaire businessmen is a step forward in their shaky relationship.
"The great thing about Falcon heavy is that it opens up a new class of payload", says Space X CEO Elon Musk.
The report notes that a month ago a Ukrainian aircraft traveled a distance of 3,613 kilometers within four-and-a-half hours, ensuring timely delivery of parts of the Falcon Heavy rocket for its timely launch at Cape Canaveral.
David Bowie never made it into space, but somewhere up there right now Major Tom is having a moment while looking back down on us.
Turkey says to host Syria summit with Russia, Iran
The government has denied using chemical weapons and condemned "lies and allegations" levelled by the West. The army's general command warned Israel of "grave consequences" to its actions, the report said.
- Winter Weather Advisory Issued from 4 pm to Midnight Monday
- Germany gets new government, and Merkel becomes Chancellor
- Global sell-off halted as U.S. stocks bounce back
- Wall Street dips but trading still volatile
- Ahead of Olympics face-off, Pence vows new North Korea sanctions
- Crude Oil Tumbles Along With Global Stocks
- House passes stopgap bill to prevent government shutdown; faces changes in Senate
- New trailer for Deadpool 2 introduces Josh Brolin as Cable
- MVP Foles outshines Patriots' Brady with 'Philly Special'
- Oklahoma City Thunder's Russell Westbrook, Carmelo Anthony questionable against Lakers