It's set to become the most powerful launch vehicle. Weather permitting, it will take place somewhere between 18:30 and 21:00 GMT.
In the pursuit of "an endless road trip past Mars", Musk's auto is now headed off into very deep space.
A SpaceX livestream showed the auto cruising through the Van Allen radiation belt in Earth's magnetosphere, with David Bowie's Space Oddity playing in the background and a note on the dashboard saying "Don't Panic".
Senate leaders announce 2-year budget deal to avoid government shutdown
Trump announced he would end the program in September but gave Congress six months to pass a law to extend it. Heritage Action said the deal "is fiscally irresponsible and creates serious long-term budget challenges".
For reference, Mars orbits the sun at an average distance of 142 million miles (228 million km).
A new space race is already on in a lot of ways.
The rocket weighs more than 3.1 million pounds and stands nearly 230 feet high.
The company saved on costs by reusing one of its first-stage launch boosters which are otherwise thrown into the ocean after lift-off. It's created to carry up to 140,000 pounds to low-Earth orbit, or more than 37,000 pounds all the way to Mars.
"That's what Falcon Heavy can do". "That's what's put the International Space Station there in orbit". But instead of one central booster, there are three - and three times the thrust of the Falcon 9.
Elon Musk's Tesla Roadster bound for asteroid belt after Falcon Heavy launch
According to the company , it will cost just $90 million per launch, a fraction of the price of similar heavy-lift rockets. The 37-word exchange between the two billionaire businessmen is a step forward in their shaky relationship.
"The great thing about Falcon heavy is that it opens up a new class of payload", says Space X CEO Elon Musk.
The report notes that a month ago a Ukrainian aircraft traveled a distance of 3,613 kilometers within four-and-a-half hours, ensuring timely delivery of parts of the Falcon Heavy rocket for its timely launch at Cape Canaveral.
David Bowie never made it into space, but somewhere up there right now Major Tom is having a moment while looking back down on us.
White House Advances Idea of Military Parade
Trump has been a fan of military parades ever since he attended a similar event on Bastille Day in France. The Pentagon and Trump's transition team both declined to comment on the report at the time .
- Here's the teaser trailer for Venom, starring Tom Hardy
- Opposition phases walkout of Lok Sabha after PM Modi's handle
- Maldives Crisis: China Warns India Against Any Interference in Maldives
- MVP Foles outshines Patriots' Brady with 'Philly Special'
- Ahead of Olympics face-off, Pence vows new North Korea sanctions
- Missouri football's official Twitter account suspended on National Signing Day
- South Africa bowl in third ODI against India
- Falcon Heavy overshoots Mars and heads toward asteroid belt
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Newport County, FA Cup replay
- Winter Weather Advisory Issued from 4 pm to Midnight Monday