Sony has released the first teaser for Venom, starring Tom Hardy. The only thing we get is a quick shot of the gooey black alien symbiote that will eventually turn Hardy into the villain. A death. An accident. But the trailer had one moment that stood out over everything else: No Venom. And if a beating heart inside a wax figure isn't enough to get you going, you're even allowed to cuddle the hell out of Hardy. "Our own issues. Our own. demons".
They show costar Michelle Williams after the word "breakup". Or maybe it won't. Is this a case where Sony is anxious to show off Venom before the movie is released on October 5? Venom is one of the most fascinating characters in comics, and although it has gotten its live-action version before in Sam Raimi's film, it was not received well. Now he's crossed over to the rival Marvel universe to play Venom in the much-anticipated spinoff of the "Spider-Man" franchise. Fans of the comics will know that he becomes the host of an evil alien "symbiote" that results in some superhero-like powers, though not without some torment. While it gave him enhanced strength, it also made him aggressive. However, it also causes increased aggression.
Opposition phases walkout of Lok Sabha after PM Modi's handle
I was amazed and laughed when Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that the seeds of Aadhaar were bowed when Advanji was there.
All in all, it's an intriguing teaser, but if I had no idea who Venom was, I wouldn't be sure what they were trying to sell me. Unlike most Marvel and DC trailers, Sony have chosen to keep the revealing of Venom a surprise - focusing on Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock throughout the trailer.
Venom hits theaters October 5, 2018.
White House Advances Idea of Military Parade
Trump has been a fan of military parades ever since he attended a similar event on Bastille Day in France. The Pentagon and Trump's transition team both declined to comment on the report at the time .
Want more stuff like this? Stay tuned for an official trailer.
Conte to stay as Chelsea boss despite loss to Watford
Losing to Watford has left Chelsea fourth after 26 matches - one point behind Liverpool and one point ahead of Tottenham Hotspur . Chelsea are planning to stick to under-fire manager Antonio Conte , according to reports .
- Germany gets new government, and Merkel becomes Chancellor
- Kohli magic leads India to big win over South Africa
- Broadcom offers Qualcomm more money, breaking records with $145 billion bid
- Missouri football's official Twitter account suspended on National Signing Day
- Winter Weather Advisory Issued from 4 pm to Midnight Monday
- Senate leaders announce 2-year budget deal to avoid government shutdown
- Maldives Crisis: China Warns India Against Any Interference in Maldives
- Wall Street dips but trading still volatile
- South Africa bowl in third ODI against India
- Turkey says to host Syria summit with Russia, Iran