North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's sister, an increasingly prominent figure in the country's leadership, will be part of the North's delegation to the South Korean Winter Olympics, officials said yesterday.
Germany gets new government, and Merkel becomes Chancellor
The deal is the first German coalition agreement that explicitly criticizes Israeli settlements in the West Bank. Germany's Constitutional Court shrugs off opposition to SPD internal vote on the deal.
Pence has brought with him to the Games Fred Warmbier, the father of us citizen Otto Warmbier, who patronized the North Korean tourist industry before being arrested and tortured to death for allegedly tampering with a propaganda poster in Pyongyang. "We will continue to isolate North Korea until it abandons its nuclear and ballistic missile program once and for all".
Yokota is the headquarters of both U.S. Forces Japan and the Air Self-Defense Forces Air Defense Command - a fact that some say makes it particularly at risk of a missile attack by North Korea.
White House Advances Idea of Military Parade
Trump has been a fan of military parades ever since he attended a similar event on Bastille Day in France. The Pentagon and Trump's transition team both declined to comment on the report at the time .
"We hope that the Winter Olympics may go some way in encouraging North Korea into dialogue, to get them back to the negotiating table", Ms Bishop said.
The North's official delegation is scheduled to arrive here Friday, Seoul's unification ministry said earlier.
But here it gets really bad: On Wednesday, it was announced that brutal dictator Kim Jong-un's sister, Kim Yo-jung, and Choe Hwi, another apparatchik of Kim's regime, will also attend the Olympics.
Kim said Moon will hold a luncheon with the North Korean delegates on Saturday.
Experts urge calm during wild ride on Wall Street
Australian shares dropped 3.0 per cent to their lowest level since October while South Korean shares dropped 2.0 per cent. In the Middle East, stocks were touched by the USA and Asian markets' sell-off, though the losses were more limited.
Believed to be in her late 20s, Kim Yo Jong shares the same mother as the North Korean leader. According to NK Leadership Watch, she is a close aide of her brother's "and since his accession manages his public events, itineraries, and logistical needs, among other tasks". After her elevation, the US Treasury Department had reportedly included her on the list of blacklisted officials of North Korea.
- Wall Street dips but trading still volatile
- Missouri football's official Twitter account suspended on National Signing Day
- Global sell-off halted as U.S. stocks bounce back
- Maldives Crisis: China Warns India Against Any Interference in Maldives
- House passes stopgap bill to prevent government shutdown; faces changes in Senate
- Ahead of Olympics face-off, Pence vows new North Korea sanctions
- Elon Musk's Tesla Roadster bound for asteroid belt after Falcon Heavy launch
- Dow Opens Down 521 Points, but Drop Quickly Eases
- MVP Foles outshines Patriots' Brady with 'Philly Special'
- Kohli magic leads India to big win over South Africa