North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's sister, an increasingly prominent figure in the country's leadership, will be part of the North's delegation to the South Korean Winter Olympics, officials said yesterday.
White House sees good chance of long-term budget deal
McConnell said that he believes an agreement could be made soon, but unsure if he could get the 60 votes needed for approval. At a February 6 House hearing, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis complained of the process of governing by continuing resolution.
Pence has brought with him to the Games Fred Warmbier, the father of us citizen Otto Warmbier, who patronized the North Korean tourist industry before being arrested and tortured to death for allegedly tampering with a propaganda poster in Pyongyang. "We will continue to isolate North Korea until it abandons its nuclear and ballistic missile program once and for all".
Yokota is the headquarters of both U.S. Forces Japan and the Air Self-Defense Forces Air Defense Command - a fact that some say makes it particularly at risk of a missile attack by North Korea.
Wall Street dips but trading still volatile
And if the rate creeps above 3%, he expects global investors to buy the bonds in large numbers, pushing the yield back down. The Standard & Poor's 500 index, a broader market barometer tracked by many index funds, climbed 1.7 percent to 2,695.14.
"We hope that the Winter Olympics may go some way in encouraging North Korea into dialogue, to get them back to the negotiating table", Ms Bishop said.
The North's official delegation is scheduled to arrive here Friday, Seoul's unification ministry said earlier.
But here it gets really bad: On Wednesday, it was announced that brutal dictator Kim Jong-un's sister, Kim Yo-jung, and Choe Hwi, another apparatchik of Kim's regime, will also attend the Olympics.
Kim said Moon will hold a luncheon with the North Korean delegates on Saturday.
White House Advances Idea of Military Parade
Trump has been a fan of military parades ever since he attended a similar event on Bastille Day in France. The Pentagon and Trump's transition team both declined to comment on the report at the time .
Believed to be in her late 20s, Kim Yo Jong shares the same mother as the North Korean leader. According to NK Leadership Watch, she is a close aide of her brother's "and since his accession manages his public events, itineraries, and logistical needs, among other tasks". After her elevation, the US Treasury Department had reportedly included her on the list of blacklisted officials of North Korea.
- Sensex, Nifty touch fresh record highs on International Monetary Fund booster
- House passes stopgap bill to prevent government shutdown; faces changes in Senate
- Germany gets new government, and Merkel becomes Chancellor
- Kohli magic leads India to big win over South Africa
- Dow Opens Down 521 Points, but Drop Quickly Eases
- Broadcom offers Qualcomm more money, breaking records with $145 billion bid
- South Africa bowl in third ODI against India
- Crude Oil Tumbles Along With Global Stocks
- Senate leaders announce 2-year budget deal to avoid government shutdown
- Oklahoma City Thunder's Russell Westbrook, Carmelo Anthony questionable against Lakers