Erik Lamela, who returned after a 13-month injury absence in November, scored his first goal since September 2016 shortly after Dan Butler's 26th-minute own goal had given Spurs the lead.
- Tottenham have benefited from five opposition own-goals this season in all competitions, more than any other English league side.
REUTERSTottenham took the lead through a Newport own goal
The Argentine has struggled to get back to his best since returning from a long absence in late November. Efforts from Eric Lamela and Son forced goalkeeper Joe Day into a fine double save. Spurs were comfortable but were unable to break down the solid back line of Newport, who were cheered on by 7200 travelling fans.
The result was, despite Newport's bravery and bad luck in the first game, never really in doubt after the first goal went in.
Harry Kane has played both FA Cup games so far, but could start on the bench for this one.
Newport almost delivered the shock of the fourth round with an improbable victory over Tottenham in the match at Rodney Parade.
ESPN To Enter The Streaming Service Business With ESPN Plus
But such a timeline is quickly becoming a relic of the past. "That's very hard to balance and be successful", Greenfield said. Instead, he said , Disney is dipping its toes in streaming while trying to preserve its traditional business models.
But Wembley, the new Wembley with the arch and the numerous corporate boxes, remains one of the stadiums at which every footballer wishes to play.
Mindful of Pochettino's determination to get his team to play out from the back, Flynn asked his players to press high at the outset and the tactic nearly yielded reward.
As Tottenham worked the ball well around the area, Llorente played the ball out for Sissoko but the Frenchman's cross should have been easy enough to deal with.
Lamela's close-range finish in the 34th minute came after an own goal from Dan Butler. Tottenham hogged possession and they made them work but Newport did not flag - even if Flynn jokingly wished Pochettino had not introduced Christian Eriksen and Alli as second-half substitutes.
White House Advances Idea of Military Parade
Trump has been a fan of military parades ever since he attended a similar event on Bastille Day in France. The Pentagon and Trump's transition team both declined to comment on the report at the time .
Pochettino, meanwhile, insisted Tottenham are paying due respect to the FA Cup, despite the strong likelihood that he will put out a weakened side tonight.
It's unlikely we'll see Harry Kane, so Fernando Llorente will most likely lead the line. It was he who set up Lamela's goal after attacking the left side of the box for the umpteenth time.
Despite the thought that after two first half goals Spurs would run away with the game in the second, this did not happen.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to visit Edinburgh
Meghan Markle's half sister Samantha has publicly criticised her for not helping her father through his financial difficulties. Harry and Meghan stunned the world with their engagement announcement last November.
- Conte to stay as Chelsea boss despite loss to Watford
- Apple Introduces Battery Health Feature and Lets Users Optimize their iPhone's Performance
- House passes stopgap bill to prevent government shutdown; faces changes in Senate
- Broadcom offers Qualcomm more money, breaking records with $145 billion bid
- Governor Ambode's wife seeks policy to eradicate female genital mutilation
- There's another iPhone X bug and it sounds like a huge pain
- Brady confirms he will play next season
- Donald Trump: 'I would love to see a shutdown'
- What is the Dow Jones Industrial Average?
- South Africa bowl in third ODI against India