That is the biggest contract in National Football League history on an average-per-year basis, surpassing the deal signed by Oakland's Derek Carr in 2017.
When they signed Peyton Manning to a five-year, $96 million deal back in 2012, that deal was essentially fully guaranteed, though Manning had to pass an annual physical for the salary to be guaranteed.
The mega-deal comes after Garoppolo assumed the starting job on a 1-10 team and began a December to remember.
To some, it might seem like an overreaction to his five impressive starts with the 49ers this season where he completed 67 percent of his passes and held a QB rating of 96.2 on his way to a ideal 5-0 record. By the time next season rolls around, the other teams in the NFC West will have dissected those games.
The former second-round pick has yet to lose an National Football League start and finished the campaign with 1,560 yards and seven touchdowns.Читайте также: Ahead of Olympics face-off, Pence vows new North Korea sanctions
Garoppolo was acquired by the 49ers in October from the New England Patriots.
It appears the move has paid off as San Francisco has gained a long-coveted franchise quarterback.
Garoppolo was rewarded handsomely for his ability to produce far more impressive numbers.
Of course, there are risks to signing a quarterback with this level of experience to a long-term, big-money contract, and the most common one named is Matt Flynn. Still, Lynch offered periodic updates throughout the process, including at January's Senior Bowl, where he said the Niners were "working hard" to get a deal done and that a deal made "too much sense not to happen".
That sets the market for free agents such as Jets target Kirk Cousins.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Winter Olympics | 60 Russian athletes appeal to CAS for ban reduction
- Cavs deal Thomas for Clarkson, Nance
- Twitter shares open higher after reporting first ever profit
- Dow Jones suffers worst loss in six years
- MVP Foles outshines Patriots' Brady with 'Philly Special'
- Winter Weather Advisory Issued from 4 pm to Midnight Monday
- Oklahoma City Thunder's Russell Westbrook, Carmelo Anthony questionable against Lakers
- Opposition phases walkout of Lok Sabha after PM Modi's handle
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Newport County, FA Cup replay
- Turkey says to host Syria summit with Russia, Iran