The good news is that the temperatures will rise in the coming days, but the bad news is that rain will move in, Hoffman added.
Across eastern Nebraska and western Iowa, 1 to 4 inches of snow is forecast.
Dow Ends Volatile Day With a Rise of 567 Points
The Dow index provides a price-weighted average of 30 stocks that are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and the NASDAQ. A bull market is generally defined as an increase of 20 percent or more in broad stock indexes such as the Standard & Poor's 500.
Temperatures will also plunge, with lows of -2C leading to a widespread frost and icy stretches on the roads. However, persistent or heavy rain will spread from the west through the late afternoon and evening with fresh to strong, gusty west to northwest winds.
The National Weather Service predicts potential scattered snow showers in areas north of the Massachusetts Turnpike late Friday night.
What it means that stocks are in a 'correction'
On Monday, the Dow plummet almost 1,600 points briefly in late trading, marking the worst intraday fall in market history. Benchmark 10-year notes US10YT=RR last fell 3/32 in price to yield 2.8054 percent, from 2.794 percent late on Monday.
SUNDAY: Rain showers to a wintry mix will be possible, with a high temperature of 45 degrees. Overall though, even if that does occur, it shouldn't be too big of a deal.
The speed of falling temperatures and redevelopment of rainfall Sunday morning could prompt changes in the forecast, Smith said. South of Youngstown will likely have light rain at times. Winds will crank up Sunday with gusts to near 30 miles per hour possible. This afternoon should be cool and pleasant with highs reaching the upper 40s and low 50s. Thus, the chance of a few showers at 30% for Monday, and up to 50% now, for Mardi Gras.
North Korea holds huge parade on 70th anniversary of military
In reaction to the move, the South Korean Ambassador to Tehran Kim Seung-ho was summoned to the Iranian foreign ministry. North Korea sent cheering groups, comprised mainly of young women, to Busan and two other sporting events.
According to the National Weather Service, today will be cloudy with a high temperature of 37 degrees.
- Cavaliers deal guard Dwyane Wade back to Heat
- Russian Athletes Lose Appeal to Compete in Winter Olympic Games
- New Brand—Endless Opportunities
- Winter Olympics ban on Russians upheld
- Pentagon evaluating dates for military parade in Washington at Trump's request
- Congratulations, America! The GOP Just Shut Down the Government. Again
- Tottenham defender Alderweireld: Mentally and physically Aubameyang will give us huge test
- New Facebook feature will change the way you make comments
- Senate near two-year budget deal with higher defense spending
- Dow plummets more than 1000 points, its second-worst trading day ever