18 News is following a developing weather situation Wednesday morning - a winter storm is slowly moving closer to the Twin Tiers.
The heaviest snow totals will likely be just north of the state line. Thursday night temperatures will drop into the teens, with the wind chill factor expected to drop as low as minus 8 degrees. Chance of precipitation is 100%. A few snowflakes could mix in the higher terrain before we dry out overnight, but no additional accumulation of snow is expected. Cloudy, with a low around 11. Southwest wind 5 to 10 miles per hour.
The snow will become heavy at times tonight, with periods of snow then continuing through the day on Friday.Читайте также: European Union wants to restrict single market access to UK
Saturday morning will start overcast and cold, before light snow develops late in the afternoon and continues through late evening with between 2 and 3 inches of accumulation.
Though winds will be minimal, snow will fall so fast it could significantly reduce driver visibility, Brown warned.
Heavy Chicago snow can spread misery to shippers and travelers well beyond the city, which is a major interchange for rail traffic.
More than 25 million Americans are under winter weather alerts as an arctic front pushes from Montana through the Midwest, CNN meteorologists said.
Snow emergencies were declared in Bronson and Quincy as local officials asked residents to get their cars out of the street so that plows could clear away the snow.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Dow Ends Volatile Day With a Rise of 567 Points
- SpaceX's Falcon Heavy launch in pictures
- Pentagon weighing options for United States military parade - Mattis
- Liquor store association wants quick end to Alberta-BC trade war
- Twitter Q4 revenue up, user base at 330 mn
- Eagles players, fans go wild during Super Bowl celebration parade
- Dow plummets more than 1000 points, its second-worst trading day ever
- US Stocks Add To Losses On Worries About Interest Rates
- Pentagon evaluating dates for military parade in Washington at Trump's request
- Film with predominantly black actors was overdue - Black Panther's Andy Serkis