18 News is following a developing weather situation Wednesday morning - a winter storm is slowly moving closer to the Twin Tiers.
The heaviest snow totals will likely be just north of the state line. Thursday night temperatures will drop into the teens, with the wind chill factor expected to drop as low as minus 8 degrees. Chance of precipitation is 100%. A few snowflakes could mix in the higher terrain before we dry out overnight, but no additional accumulation of snow is expected. Cloudy, with a low around 11. Southwest wind 5 to 10 miles per hour.
The snow will become heavy at times tonight, with periods of snow then continuing through the day on Friday.
Winter Olympics ban on Russians upheld
World cross-country skiing champion Sergey Ustyugov and world biathlon gold medalist Anton Shipulin will also miss the Olympics. North Korea's state news agency has quoted a foreign ministry official dismissing the possibility of any meeting.
Saturday morning will start overcast and cold, before light snow develops late in the afternoon and continues through late evening with between 2 and 3 inches of accumulation.
Though winds will be minimal, snow will fall so fast it could significantly reduce driver visibility, Brown warned.
Russian Athletes Lose Appeal to Compete in Winter Olympic Games
None of this means the intractable issues isolating the North from South - let alone the rest of the world - are solved. Each team will play with six stones instead of the traditional eight and have eight ends instead of the regular ten.
Heavy Chicago snow can spread misery to shippers and travelers well beyond the city, which is a major interchange for rail traffic.
More than 25 million Americans are under winter weather alerts as an arctic front pushes from Montana through the Midwest, CNN meteorologists said.
Snow emergencies were declared in Bronson and Quincy as local officials asked residents to get their cars out of the street so that plows could clear away the snow.
LeBron James: I Would Never Waive My No-Trade Clause
This roster does not scream championship quite yet, but it will be interesting to see how they all mesh together. Ultimately Altman said Thomas just was not "the right fit" and wanted to add more athleticism around James.
- North Korea holds huge parade on 70th anniversary of military
- US stock market rebounds after horror plunge yesterday
- Senate near two-year budget deal with higher defense spending
- 'Pad Man' movie review: Watch with your family, it's not awkward
- Senate Spending Bills In Peril As Last-Minute Objections Arise
- New Facebook feature will change the way you make comments
- United States government shuts down for second time
- Dow plummets more than 1000 points, its second-worst trading day ever
- Americans Are Tuning in to Winter Olympics
- What it means that stocks are in a 'correction'