Monday, 20 August 2018
Latest news
Main » Padman is not about box office - R Balki

Padman is not about box office - R Balki

10 February 2018

Akshay Kumar postponed the release of his film by two weeks to give "Padmaavat" solo screen space over the Republic Day weekend.

Arunachalam Muruganantham is nicknamed India's "menstrual man" for transforming the lives of poor women forced to use items like old rags, sand and leaves during their periods.

Padman is not about box office - R Balki

"Recently, the PADMAN trailer released, and most of the scenes has been taken from the summary I had sent to MR. Ryan stephan". My wife told me about Arunachalam Muruganantham and then we met R. Balki. The exercise received a lot of criticism especially when only 12 percent of India's 355 million menstruating women use sanitary napkins and remaining 88 percent can not afford them.

Akshay Kumar was quick to appreciate the efforts and the enthusiasm of his fans in Odisha via Twitter. The film is co-written by director R Balki and Swanand Kirkire.

Wall Street extends losses, bond yields creep
After swinging up and down several times, the Dow Jones industrial average ended the day up 330 points, or 1.4 percent, at 24,191. The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index lost 1.89 per cent and MSCI's gauge of stocks across the globe shed 1.26 per cent.

PadMan is based on the real-life inspirational story of Arunachalam Muruganantham, the man who famously invented a machine that led to the creation of a low-priced sanitary napkin, and created a real-life revolution. Actor Sonam Kapoor will also be seen in a special role in the movie, which is being directed by R Balki. As the film progresses she happens to meet the real Padman and after that her life changes.

The Pad Man got released on around 3000 screens across the country while Aiyaary got 1800 screens.

Koreas share historic handshake at Olympic opening ceremony
Several days of violent demonstrations were held outside Seoul's Yonsei University in opposition to the South Korean government. It is extremely rare for a Japanese prime minister to communicate with a high-ranking official from North Korea's ruling party.

"Even Hollywood does not have a single film on sanitary pads or menstrual hygiene". The movie, released on February 9th alongside Akshay Kumar starrer Padman, received mix response from the audience on the opening day. She is certainly one of the most authentic actresses I have ever worked with, and I have no shame in admitting that we both learnt a lot from each other! Some of the exchanges that Lakshmi has in the course of attempting to find a cheap alternative to sanitary pads seem in-your-face, but these also bring forth issues that our society needs to address. It is family film so the family audience can make this film a blockbuster.

"Pad Man" does an excellent job of taking things head-on. I suggested to have something on the lines of a superhero.

US Gov't Shuts Down Again as Congress Misses Deadline
It ends a brief shutdown of government spending and keeps the government funded until 23 March, Reuters reported. If the measure passes in the wee hours of the morning, the government would open in the morning on schedule.

Along with creating awareness in the rural areas of the country, in turn, the production got good promotions. It's no wonder that Twinkle and the rest of the PadMan team have gone to great lengths to promote this film.

Padman is not about box office - R Balki