Pyeongchang Halfpipe hosted the coronation of an American Olympic darling late Tuesday morning, witnessing the dazzling, gold medal performance of 17-year-old Chloe Kim, an acrobatic performer of Korean heritage and California cool destined to become an even bigger star than she already is. "Now I'm going to hear that for three more years, 'I remember how you talked about me in press conference.' My dad has definitely sacrificed a lot for me".
"I'm so happy I was able to land and being here is so exciting, this has been a dream of mine". "It's just like the whole experience, the whole process has been so much more enjoyable for me". "I thought I had a chance to bring her to the Olympics, so it was incredible and very lucky that they matched together". Clark, the 2002 Olympic champion still going strong at age 34, couldn't quite catch Gold with an 83.50. Judges will score each run and award up to 100 points (which virtually no one ever gets); they will be evaluating riders on execution, variety, amplitude and difficulty. South Korea's Kwon Sun-oo failed to make the cut as she finished 20th. The Internet fell in love with her relatable sweet tooth craving and answered back with clever #OlympicIceCreamFlavors (including, but not limited to, "BoarderScotch" and "Vonnilla").
He held up a sign that said "Go Chloe!" written in purple marker, while he was watching his daughter compete at qualifications at PyeongChang on Monday.
Shaun White Wins Third Halfpipe Gold Medal in South Korea
I'll leave it at that, ' James said . "I was trying to get my head in the right space and get amped up again", between runs. White was the last to go on Tuesday, and he sat in second place behind Japan's Ayumu Hirano going into his final run.
"My grandma's in Seoul - she might be here", said Kim.
In a thrilling finish, Italian Federico Pellegrino won the silver medal by two hundredths of a second from Alexander Bolshunov, representing the Olympic athletes of Russian Federation, who took bronze. "It's like, I'm Korean-American".
- Chloe Kim (@chloekimsnow) February 12, 2018I'm so nervous! Chloe took lessons, and by the time she was 7, she was winning contests. "Bottom line - in the way that athletes are used today in brand campaigns, they have to have a personality and a voice to match, since the campaigns heavily rely on direct-to-consumer communication", Lindsey said. The couple got married, and Jong Kim would begin another American journey as they moved to California in 1998.
'Trump' and 'Kim' thrown out of the 2018 Winter Olympics opening ceremony
The last summit was held in October 2007 between Roh Moo-hyun and Kim Jong Il, the father of the current North Korean leader. The two Koreas remain technically at war after their 1950-53 conflict ended in a truce rather than a peace treaty.
After her win, though, Kim said she was starving: "I really want like a burger and some fries, maybe some Hawaiian pizza".
But Kim, whether it's fair or not, has come to represent more than that for these Olympics.
Gold said it was "bittersweet" to knock Clark out of third place, saying that in addition to admiring Clark as a teammate and athlete, "She's someone I've looked up to ever since I started snowboarding".
Jacob Zuma asked to step down as President
The ANC's treasurer-general, Paul Mashatile, made the announcement on Wednesday, Reuters reports. "We are moving ahead". If he did not resign, the caucus would vote to remove him through a scheduled motion of no confidence, Gigaba said.
- Bickering Cavs blown apart in National Basketball Association
- CDC influenza surveillance data confirms severity of flu season
- Prediction: Newcastle vs Manchester United
- USA backs Israel over Syria airstrikes
- Second judge rules against Trump administration on ending DACA
- Canada Wins First Two Medals at Winter Games
- Canada wins first gold medal of the 2018 Olympic Winter Games
- Political commentary on court verdicts hurts views of justice system: lawyers
- Tullahoma chocolate shop prepares for Valentine's Day
- PSG ready for Real Madrid after another win, insists Emery