Pyeongchang Halfpipe hosted the coronation of an American Olympic darling late Tuesday morning, witnessing the dazzling, gold medal performance of 17-year-old Chloe Kim, an acrobatic performer of Korean heritage and California cool destined to become an even bigger star than she already is. "Now I'm going to hear that for three more years, 'I remember how you talked about me in press conference.' My dad has definitely sacrificed a lot for me".
"I'm so happy I was able to land and being here is so exciting, this has been a dream of mine". "It's just like the whole experience, the whole process has been so much more enjoyable for me". "I thought I had a chance to bring her to the Olympics, so it was incredible and very lucky that they matched together". Clark, the 2002 Olympic champion still going strong at age 34, couldn't quite catch Gold with an 83.50. Judges will score each run and award up to 100 points (which virtually no one ever gets); they will be evaluating riders on execution, variety, amplitude and difficulty. South Korea's Kwon Sun-oo failed to make the cut as she finished 20th. The Internet fell in love with her relatable sweet tooth craving and answered back with clever #OlympicIceCreamFlavors (including, but not limited to, "BoarderScotch" and "Vonnilla").
He held up a sign that said "Go Chloe!" written in purple marker, while he was watching his daughter compete at qualifications at PyeongChang on Monday.
No One Knows How the Senate's Immigration Free-for-All Will End
John Thune (R-SD), speaks with reporters following the weekly policy luncheons at the U.S. Democrats prefer a narrower approach that deals with "Dreamers" and border security.
"My grandma's in Seoul - she might be here", said Kim.
In a thrilling finish, Italian Federico Pellegrino won the silver medal by two hundredths of a second from Alexander Bolshunov, representing the Olympic athletes of Russian Federation, who took bronze. "It's like, I'm Korean-American".
- Chloe Kim (@chloekimsnow) February 12, 2018I'm so nervous! Chloe took lessons, and by the time she was 7, she was winning contests. "Bottom line - in the way that athletes are used today in brand campaigns, they have to have a personality and a voice to match, since the campaigns heavily rely on direct-to-consumer communication", Lindsey said. The couple got married, and Jong Kim would begin another American journey as they moved to California in 1998.
Olympics: South Korea's leader invited to North
The senior U.S. official said Pence was not trying to avoid the North Korean officials but rather ignore them. North Korea has spent years developing its military, saying it needs to protect itself from USA aggression.
After her win, though, Kim said she was starving: "I really want like a burger and some fries, maybe some Hawaiian pizza".
But Kim, whether it's fair or not, has come to represent more than that for these Olympics.
Gold said it was "bittersweet" to knock Clark out of third place, saying that in addition to admiring Clark as a teammate and athlete, "She's someone I've looked up to ever since I started snowboarding".
PSG ready for Real Madrid after another win, insists Emery
Neymar and Mbappe's fine form has ensured PSG now sit a healthy 11 points clear in Ligue 1 with 14 matches remaining. Subs: Isco (on for Vazquez, 63) 7, Mateo Kovacic (on for Modric, 63) 6, Gareth Bale (on for Asensio, 73) 6.
- 'Trump' and 'Kim' thrown out of the 2018 Winter Olympics opening ceremony
- Adam Rippon Shines in Olympic Debut
- Bickering Cavs blown apart in National Basketball Association
- Shaun White Wins Third Halfpipe Gold Medal in South Korea
- Labor of love: How do florists get ready for their big day?
- Secular, sacred collide as Valentine's Day falls on Ash Wednesday
- Political commentary on court verdicts hurts views of justice system: lawyers
- Ryan Coogler on why Black Panther is Marvel's most political film
- Apple overhauls software development approach to fix iOS bugs
- House vote set to avoid shutdown and fund Pentagon for full year