Samsung has used the sensors in smartphones to give phone users the ability to control their screens without touching them. The Apple devices that support this software version are the iPhone 5S and newer models, iPhone Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4 and the sixth-generation iPod Touch.
One local PCB producer told ET News that it had considered supplying multi-FPCBs to Apple, but changed its mind because the proposed supply price was too low.
The phone, which, according to Bloomberg, is expected to take at least two years to arrive, will feature a curved display.
Lewis Hamilton gets F1 grid penalty for Bahrain Grand Prix
World champion Lewis Hamilton could only manage fourth, and will start from ninth on Sunday after incurring a grid penalty. Hamilton said in Bahrain on Thursday that Mercedes' understands Ferrari has eliminated its power deficit this season.
"However, Lin believes Apple will only adopt the [microLED] panel in the top-of-the-line models of its upcoming Apple Watch series initially", Digitimes noted.
We can get behind curved displays as the likes of Samsung's Galaxy S9 and its Infinity Display present impressive screens that pleasantly curve around the phone's edges.
Touchless gestures are also apparently on their way to an iPhone near you, and they could be implemented in two years at the earliest.
Rory McIlroy sets clubhouse target on day two at Masters
The four-time Masters champion returned to the marquee event after missing the last two years with lingering back problems. The ball rattled around the Georgia pines at Augusta National and eventually fell beneath one on top of some pine straw.
Bloomberg's sources also reckon that Apple is working on a touchless control system for the iPhone.
Government data shows that Apple has applied for 11 patents related to microLED technology in Korea over the past decade, the publication reported.
That said, it's important to note that both these projects are tentative, experimental and many years away from actually shipping - if they ever do.
The idea is that the display curves inward gradually from the top to the bottom.
Trump Suggests More Tariffs May Be Coming
After this process is completed, the USTR will issue a final determination on the products subject to the additional duties. Republican lawmakers from Western and Midwestern states have voiced worries about a big hit to US farming exporters.
Apple's move to develop these new technologies is to accelerate the iPhone's innovation in the smartphone market as competition heats up. Let us know in the comments!
- Commonwealth Games: Nigeria's Yakubu Fails In Women's Weightlifting
- NYC weather: 'Quick-hitting' snow expected this weekend
- HSBC Europe's largest bank has worst gender pay gap
- Toronto Raptors vs. Boston Celtics - 4/4/18 NBA Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- Kyrie Irivng reflects on his season-ending knee surgery in Instagram post
- Commonwealth Games: India paddlers shine in first round
- The Masters 2018 leaderboard: Who is leading after Round 1?
- Tiger Woods labels steady Masters return 'awesome'
- Facebook secretly deleted Mark Zuckerberg messages from recipients' inboxes
- Emily Blunt fell in love with John Krasinski 'disarmingly soon'