Comey went on, saying Trump is "ego-driven and about personal loyalty", comparing the President a mafia boss.
Once the election was over though, and whispers of Russian influence turned into a full-scale scandal, the relationship between Trump and his Federal Bureau of Investigation chief quickly turned sour.
Haley warns Assad: Trump 'watching,' United States work in Syria 'not done'
He told reporters then that "sometimes it's time to come back home and we're thinking about that very seriously". President Donald Trump announced airstrikes in retaliation for the country's alleged use of chemical weapons .
While his decisions about the Hillary Clinton email investigation and the probe of Russian interference in the election may have marked an end to his long run in law enforcement, Comey maintained he would not do things much differently if he had a chance. Democrats, on the other hand, have accused Comey of politicizing the investigation.
In his testimony to the Senate Intelligence Committee previous year, Comey said he believes the President asked him to "drop any investigation of Flynn", a reference to former national security adviser Michael Flynn. And in one particular instance - a private dinner at the White House - Comey uses it as an opportunity to discuss how he never once saw Trump laugh. "And that's a wound that was inflicted by the president's actions on the Department of Justice".
Comey criticized the president for the way he has handled issues big and small and for his treatment of women. And you may come out thinking, "I'd've done it differently", but I don't think you'll come out thinking that-as Hillary Clinton wrote in her book, I shived her. And it's illustration of our polarization here that you've got the Trump camp, which I guess thinks I was trying to save Hillary Clinton. I still think that guy is an idiot, but, you know, he's kind of an honest idiot.
Mueller's team is investigating, among other charges, the possibility that Trump's firing of his FBI chief was meant to obstruct the ongoing investigation into possible collusion between his campaign and Russian Federation.
The revenge behind the Game 1 destruction of the Cavaliers
Lue hasn't tipped his hand at which 10 players will make up his playoff rotation just yet - but the math isn't hard to do. IN had taken three of four regular-season games and finished 48-34, earning the fifth seed in the East.
"I don't know what the evidence is that the prosecutor and investigators have gathered with respect to intent", Comey remarked, referring to special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation. "I can't trust him", Comey said of Rosenstein.
- President Donald Trump took to Twitter on Sunday to unload on James Comey over his forthcoming memoir, calling him "slippery", suggesting he should be in jail and labeling him "the WORST FBI Director in history, by far!" I have many (too many!) lawyers and they are probably wondering when their offices, and even homes, are going to be raided with everything, including their phones and computers, taken. There's no way I would let people pee on each other around me.
While there are still some unanswered questions, of course, ABC's Sunday night telecast told the Comey tale from start to finish. "It was led by a team of non-partisan career prosecutors whose integrity can not be overstated and whom I trusted to assess the facts and make a recommendation - one that I ultimately accepted because I thought the evidence and law warranted it". This president needs people of character and principle around him, especially this president.
Thunder have impressive offensive rating following Russell Westbrook's defensive rebounds
Only the Houston Rockets have won more since January 24, with Utah going 30-8 since the big Frenchman came back into the lineup. When they needed someone to step up with the reserves and keep their momentum going, George was there.
- Trump's attorneys ask to review documents seized from Cohen in Federal Bureau of Investigation raid
- 'SEGA Ages' Coming to Switch; 'Phantasy Star', 'Sonic the Hedgehog' Confirmed
- American woman wins Boston Marathon for the first time in 33 years
- Facebook tracks data from non-users, and keeps it from them
- Starbucks CEO Apologizes for Racist Arrests at Philadelphia Store
- Jasper County school superintendent leaving district June 30
- Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium Specs and Price in Pakistan
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Raises Q2 Guidance As Subscriber Numbers Beat Street Estimates
- Russia: Syria chemical attack 'fabrication' by foreign power
- Fan Are Convinced The Walking Dead's Season Finale Introduced the Whisperers