For this reason, they wanted to defend very deep.
"I hope this was not live".
But Huddersfield valiantly held on to survive ahead of Sunday's game with Arsenal.
"We've done it on our own, we didn't rely on anybody".
Chelsea attempted a lap of honour for the last home game of the season but it was a brief and half-hearted affair, drowned out by the celebrating Huddersfield fans and with most disappointed home supporters already making their way to the tube.
"This is an over-achievement".
Man City earn record-breaking farewell for Yaya
But Celtic cannot compete with Premier League clubs in terms of wages or exposure, so this dream move could be exactly that. With just one game left in their brilliant season they could still break some more Premier League records.
Last season, Wagner's side was tipped to get relegated from the Championship but ended up beating Reading on penalties in the play-off final.
- Huddersfield's draw means that all three promoted teams have avoided relegation this season - only the third time this has happened in the Premier League (2001-02 and 2011-12). "Tonight I think we've seen everything that counts for us: desire, passion, attitude and togetherness". There are many circumstances for this but we have to accept the final result.
Huddersfield showed Chelsea how to be clinical in front of goal when they sprang a counter-attack after Willian appealed for a free-kick.
The surgery comes at a rotten time for the defender who although may not have started in the Champions League final, he was widely expected to be a huge part of the England squad in the World Cup in Russian Federation.
Wagner, who did his friend Jurgen Klopp a favour by holding Chelsea to a draw, admitted that staying up is a bigger achievement than last season's promotion to the top flight.
Antonio Conte feels Champions League qualification is likely beyond Chelsea after a 1-1 home draw with Huddersfield Town in the Premier League on Wednesday.
Oil prices swing wildly after Trump announces exit from Iran deal
The Turkish president also said Trump should have respected the agreement signed by the previous administration. Ska Keller, co-leader of the Greens/EFA group, said, " Donald Trump's solo run is a unsafe game with fire".
"The only way to put on a bit of pressure is (to win)", Conte said.
"I think every team deserve the points they have on the table". We dropped too many points this season.
"People said we had no chance, I will not criticise one of them because they were right".
The Terriers ended up being eternally grateful to goalkeeper Jonas Lossl, who dazzlingly tipped an Andreas Christensen header on to the post in a moment that will go down in the Yorkshire club's folklore.
Conte made six changes, but insisted his side should still have prevailed.
"It is stupid to talk about the rotation", he said. "We have another game and an FA Cup final - then the club will do their best to improve their situation".
Polls close in tight Malaysia vote With Najib's future at stake
Al Jazeera's Florence Looi, reporting from the capital, Kuala Lumpur, said it was the first time voting was held mid-week. All 222 parliamentary seats and 505 state seats across 13 state assemblies will be up for grabs on Wednesday.
- Watch Ireland's moving Eurovision entry 'Together' by Ryan O'Shaughnessy
- How Google is fighting smartphone addiction with its next Android update
- Cavs not disciplining Hood for not entering game
- James Paxton was throwing 100 miles per hour at end of no-hitter
- David Wagner bemused by Cesc Fabregas' angry reaction to Chelsea draw
- Why AT&T's $200000 payment to Michael Cohen is a bombshell
- Golf Corner: Stars versus TPC Sawgrass - all-time battle in The Players
- The Walt Disney (DIS) Earns "Hold" Rating from Pivotal Research
- IPL 2018, KKR vs MI: Hosts win toss, opt to field
- Jets, Predators set for Game 7 showdown after back-and-forth series