According to a report from the Daily Mail, Everton chairman Bill Kenwright and majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri are now divided over Wayne Rooney's future at Goodison Park as the forward considers a potential move to MLS side DC United.
"English superstar Wayne Rooney is in serious talks about joining D.C. United this summer, sources told the Insider on Tuesday".
Rooney's proposed move is likely to be confirmed on July 10, when the MLS "secondary" (or mid-season) transfer window opens.
Trump warns Iran against resuming nuclear programme
The French president said "we can plan how to get involved in activities beyond the JCPOA through the enhancement of cooperation". The deal lifted the harsh sanctions regime imposed on the country in return for strict limitations on Iran's nuclear program.
"There have been rumours about Wayne going overseas, China or America".
But for Rooney, who is 32-years-old with a lot of miles on his legs, a move to MLS could be an opportunity to revitalize his career. Leading Wayne to seek greener pastures.
Rooney could be set to sign a two-year deal with the MLS side in July which would see him remain in Washington for two years, seeing him earn up to £12.5 million.
"I wouldn't consider anything on the cards on the moment", Allardyce said of Rooney.
Five Hizbul terrorists, including professor killed in Kashmir clash
The Jammu and Kashmir police that was also part of the operation is now probing whether the teacher was killed by terrorists. Meanwhile, Indian troops launched a cordon and search operation in Zainapora area of Shopian district today.
Rooney has been made aware that Everton would not stand in his way over a transfer away as manager Sam Allardyce tries to raise funds for next season.
Major League Soccer side DC United are the latest to show interest in Rooney if he feels his opportunities at Goodison Park will become increasingly limited next season.
"It would have to be massive for him to want leave Everton".
But he could face the axe after Everton's final game of the season against West Ham on Sunday as fans have been left frustrated by the style of football under the ex-England boss.
IPL 2018, KKR vs MI: Hosts win toss, opt to field
Kishan's innings was in sharp contrast to his teammates who all seemed to struggle to keep the scoreboard ticking over. While Piyush Chawla got the wickets of openers Lewis and Suryakumar, Sunil Narine scalped the wicket of Ishan Kishan .
- Golden Knights take Stanley Cup playoff series on Sharks
- New Details Revealed for Nintendo Switch Online
- KeyCorp Brokers Cut Earnings Estimates for 21st Century Fox (NASDAQ:FOXA)
- Real Madrid: Ronaldo Will Play Champions League Final Against Liverpool
- Golf Corner: Stars versus TPC Sawgrass - all-time battle in The Players
- James Paxton was throwing 100 miles per hour at end of no-hitter
- Iranian forces in Syria shell Israeli army bases on Golan
- Man City earn record-breaking farewell for Yaya
- NY Attorney General resigns amid abuse allegations
- Appalachian coal country rejects Don Blankenship's political ambitions