The President made the same claim in announcing his decision to pull the United States out of the Iran nuclear agreement earlier this week - an assertion that fact checkers have called "exaggerated" and lacking crucial context. After that date everybody will have to cut back their oil imports from Iran over the next six months, which is before May 5, 2019. This time, analysts expect much less of an impact.
The U.S. administration is giving affected companies either 90 days or 180 days to wind down their interactions with Tehran before sanctions kick in again. While the full impact of the US exit from the nuclear accord is still unclear, the re-imposition of far-reaching sanctions is expected to start reducing shipments from Iran.
Iran re-emerged as a major oil exporter in 2016 after worldwide sanctions against it were lifted in return for curbs on its nuclear program, with its April exports standing above 2.6 million barrels per day (bpd). Most of that is shipped to China, India and South Korea.
Israeli-Iranian conflict risks Russian involvement
Aside from the mounting military tensions between Iran and Israel, oil prices are rising on the uncertainty. Israel has warned it will not tolerate its archenemy Iran establishing a military presence on its doorstep.
Nevertheless, it is still unclear how strongly the world oil markets will be affected.
US crude inventories fell by 2.2 million barrels in the week to May 4, to 433.76 million barrels, according to the Energy Information Administration (EIA), slightly above the 420 million barrels five-year average level.
Pavel Molchanov from Raymond James thinks oil prices have been surging most likely due to concerns about potential escalation of the conflict in the future. Now this global supply is threatened.
Mother's Day 2018: Best deals, discounts, freebies to celebrate mom's special day
I don't love anyone like how I love my son! It also pays homage and highlights the several sacrifices they make on a daily basis. Anna Jarvis just wanted to honor her mother. "In the evening I may visit an old age home with a cake for abandoned mothers".
The West of England Club said any activity would have to stop the moment any entity that's dubbed a Specially Designated National by the U.S. Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control is re-added to a secondary sanctions list.
Another factor that's helping to reduce supply is an agreement between OPEC and other major producers including Russian Federation to slash output.
New Brand—Endless Opportunities
Trading Platform Trade Financial is proud to demonstrate its one of a kind trading platform. Having chosen Trade Financial, you will be able to open a trading position with only $25.
- Don't worry, Congress will come back: Siddaramaiah dismisses exit polls on Karnataka
- Lewis Hamilton would like some input in designing Miami's F1 track
- Cleveland Cavaliers 2018: On LeBron James' fadeaway, Boston Celtics' resurgence - Bill Livingston
- The woman who invented Mother's Day came to regret it
- Dermot O'Leary admits tearful farewell to Arsene Wenger
- United States Moves Embassy In Israel To Jerusalem
- RAGE 2 announced with teaser trailer, gameplay trailer arrives tomorrow
- Trump, May condemn Iran rocket attacks on Israel - White House
- Bolton says 'it's possible' United States will sanction European companies working with Iran
- Mercedes-AMG dominates 2018 Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix